For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
Prairie Style
- He created a lot of unique home designs
- Most of his work included low ceilings
Architecture: the science of design
- they introduced new materials such as cement and steel
- Wind plays a big part in constructing a building
- Buildings with right angles and flat lines react poorly to wind
- Concrete can be poured underwater
2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
I think both videos relate to the readings in the text. They both visit the element of architecture and how they also relate to art, It also stresses the importance of art.
3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of Architecture?
I think the videos were very detailed and easy to understand. It showed how things were changed and developed over the years. The videos help me understand everything that is put into architecture work.
4. Why did you choose the films that you watched?
I had chosen the videos Architecture: the science of design and Frank Gehry: Architecture as art, because of what i thought the videos where going to be about. With the title the science of art i thought the video was going to be about technology. I am very interested in how technology can become advanced in many ways. And when applied to art i wanted to see what direction they would take.
No comments:
Post a Comment