Saturday, November 5, 2016

Module 10 Video review

1. Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.
I chose this video because i knew in the African culture they used a lot of masks for their art. I i thought it can give me an idea of what i would like to do. The other video that i had picked was Chinese Art. I picked this one because you would always hear about people having an interest in Chinese dishes. 
2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
African Art
  • They had expressed their cultural in the way they dressed and hairstyles 
  • Many of the statues and masks that are now in museums were used in ceremonies
  • Many had considered African art as childlike 
Chinese Art 
  • They used unique shapes and patterns for their art 
  • They also used a lot of animals in their art which represented many different things.
  2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
The African art video relates to the text because it both talks about their used of masks, sculptures and clothing and music that was in the culture. The Chinese Art video also related to the text although the textbook gave off more information. 
3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
I think both videos were great and they explained the work very well. I really like the video on African Art because of its culture and it explained the depth of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment